Check out the trailer for indie developer Numantian Games new title They Are Billions. Check out how they are not exaggerating about billions down below.
The game mixes a world where the zombie apocalypse has taken over the planet and throws it into a Steampunk/Victorian setting. The strategy game is set in the distant future and is about building and managing human colonies after pretty much all of human kind has been wiped out except for a few thousand. The game reminds me of the original Warcraft, only on a much more intense level.
Synopsis: Imagine a world devastated by billions of infected humans after a zombie-like apocalypse. Build human colonies to survive in a post-apocalyptic planet where billions of the infected try to annihilate the few remaining living humans. The colonies must defend themselves against swarms of the infected that roam the world using retro technology because all knowledge has rewound back to that of similar to the XIX century.
- Real-time Strategy with Pause Mode: In Pause Mode you can build your structures and setup commands for your army. This game is about strategy, not quick key commands.
- Oversee a Colony: Build, Fight, Defend, and Gather Resources for your colony. Don’t let the infected take over!
- Build an Army: Train and contract mercenaries to protect your colony and destroy the infected – unique mercenaries with their own set of skills and personalities!
- Thousands of Units on the Screen: Defeat billions of zombies. The custom engine can handle up to 20,000 of the infected in real time.
- 4K Graphics: Steampunk and Victorian Style Graphics. Dozens of units with more than 1,500 frames of animation.
They Are Billions is expected to hit Steam sometime in 2017.