Bethesda Softworks and Tango Gameworks have released a story trailer for the upcoming prequel game The Evil Within 2. Check it out below.
The Evil Within 2 takes the acclaimed franchise to a new level with its unique blend of psychological thrills and true survival horror. The game will take place three years after the events of the original game and will feature Sebastian returning to STEM to look for Lily, his believed-to-be dead daughter.
Synopsis: Detective Sebastian Castellanos has lost everything, including his daughter, Lily. To save her, he is forced to partner with Mobius, the shadowy organization responsible for the destruction of Sebastian’s former life. Sebastian must descend into one of their terrible creations, the disturbing world of Union. Horrifying threats emerge from every corner, and he must rely on his wits to survive. For his last chance at redemption, the only way out is in.
- STORY OF REDEMPTION. Sebastian must descend into the nightmare to win back his life and family.
- DISCOVER HORRIFYING DOMAINS. Explore as far or quickly as you dare through a world where nothing is quite what it seems, though be sure to prepare wisely.
- CHOOSE HOW TO SURVIVE. Attack from the shadows with the crossbow, run like hell, or go in guns blazing with very limited ammo.
- FACE DISTRUBING ENEMIES. Survive encounters with sadistic enemies and meet characters who may lead – or mislead – you on your path to redemption.
- VISCERAL HORROR AND SUSPENSE. Enter a twisted world filled with anxiety-inducing thrills and disturbing horrors around every corner.
The Evil Within 2 is set for release in Friday the 13th of October, 2017 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.